Who can attend?
• Incredible Years School Readiness is for parents of children ages 3 to 6.
• Incredible Years Early Childhood Basic is for parents with children ages 3 to 9.
• Incredible Years School Age is for parents with children ages 6 to 12.
What do we talk about?
Early Childhood Basic program:
- How to strengthen your relationship with your child through play
- Using praise and rewards to get more cooperation]
- Setting up and sticking to household rules and routines
- How to set limits that work
- Using positive discipline
School Age program:
- Using attention and praise to promote positive behavior
- How to encourage your child to be responsible
- How to avoid power struggles
- Using time outs and logical consequences for misbehavior
- Helping your child do better in school through routines at home, homework help, teaching your child how to stick with work, and being involved in their school
School Readiness program:
- Helping your child get along better with friends by learning how to share and take turns
- Preparing your child for school with reading and games
- How to make reading fun
- Increasing children’s ability to understand and express their feelings
- Getting your child ready for school by learning to stick to one thing at a time
- Getting ready for school by learning numbers, colors, and shapes
- Cost: Varies